[Foundation-l] Personal Image Filter results announced

Kim Bruning kim at bruning.xs4all.nl
Wed Sep 7 19:55:14 UTC 2011

On Tue, Sep 06, 2011 at 05:21:22PM +0100, Thomas Morton wrote:

> Theoretically they could be an editor (and we should of course work
> on the principle that they could manage that at any time) but in
> practice most aren't and we need to cater for them where possible.

It is very hard to cater for someone when you are not engaged with
them in conversation. Any attempts to do so are doomed to make an ASS
of U and ME (ASSUME).

Don't ASSUME. ASK!

We have an existing mechanism by which people can engage and ASK, but
many choose not to use it. Per definition, they are forfeiting their
rights, unfortunately, (if they even exist).

How can I lose sleep over those people, if I don't even know if they
have anything to say in the first place?

Incidentally, many attempts to "help" "readers" end up actually
disenfranchising them. (and also disenfranchise anyone who might have
been in a position to help them). Why? Because it puts a wedge
between producers and consumers, even while we're attempting to
create a prosumer class.

I do lose a bit of sleep over that.

sincerely,
	Kim Bruning