[Foundation-l] The systematic and codified bias against non-Western articles on Wikinews

CherianTinu Abraham tinucherian at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 06:11:48 UTC 2011

English Wikipedia "In the News" section is sometimes no better in bringing a
"worldwide coverage". But often suffers from "*I didn't know it, So NOT
important*" attitude.
See a recent discussion "*[Posted] Anna Hazare ...*"  on
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:In_the_news/Candidates/August_2011
The old good thing, unlike Wikinews, is that there are lots of active
participants for ITN on en.wiki.

Regards
Tinu Cherian