[Foundation-l] [Wikimedia Announcements] Wikimedians team up to make European Cultural Heritage Accessible to the World

Sue Gardner sgardner at wikimedia.org
Tue Sep 6 21:29:45 UTC 2011

On 5 September 2011 22:54, Lodewijk Gelauff <lodewijk at wmnederland.nl> wrote:
> Wikimedians team up to make European Cultural Heritage Accessible to the
> World
> Volunteers from 16 European Countries Have Uploaded 15,000 Images and
> Counting
> Amsterdam, September 6, 2011--- Wikimedians from 16 European countries
> announced the first-ever Pan-European Wiki Loves Monuments contest, a
> photography contest, running throughout the month of September, focused on
> capturing and sharing images of important monuments and buildings in Europe.
> Since its September 1st launch, more than 1000 images have been uploaded
> from a few of the most active countries: France, Germany, the Netherlands,
> Poland and Spain.

This is wonderful Lodewijk. Seriously great work from everybody: it's
impressive. And it's a good quote from you :-)

(Also, I am testing the reply auto-forward to foundation-l, which has
never yet worked for me the way I understood it wanted to work.
Historically, I've made several unsuccessful attempts to reply to
announce-l, which only you have seen, because you are its moderator.
So worst case scenario, at least you will see this note :-)

Thanks,
Sue

--

Sue Gardner
Executive Director

415 839 6885 office
415 816 9967 cell

the sum of all knowledge.  Help us make it a reality!