[Foundation-l] Personal Image Filter results announced

???? wiki-list at phizz.demon.co.uk
Tue Sep 6 18:29:48 UTC 2011

On 04/09/2011 20:11, church.of.emacs.ml wrote:
> On 09/04/2011 07:43 PM, Kim Bruning wrote:
>> Assuming that the .de community is similar to the wikimedia community at
>> large […]
>
> That is where I disagree. The personal image filter doesn't make much
> sense in German Wikipedia, since the German culture is generally pretty
> liberal with respect to depictions of sexuality, (partially) violence
> and of course Muhammed. So it's clear that there is simply no or a very
> small necessity for a filter; thus the rejection.

I call bullshit. If wikipedia or its chapters should ever be found to be
liable under German law there is going to have some explaining to do:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pornography_by_region#Germany
http://blogoscoped.com/archive/2007-09-12-n23.html
http://www.chillingeffects.org/international/notice.cgi?NoticeID=5990
http://www.chillingeffects.org/international/notice.cgi?NoticeID=2187