[Foundation-l] The systematic and codified bias against non-Western articles on Wikinews

Kim Bruning kim at bruning.xs4all.nl
Tue Sep 6 15:46:59 UTC 2011

On Tue, Sep 06, 2011 at 01:53:53PM +0900, Shii wrote:
> And waited.
>
> And waited.
>
> And waited.

I think that's par for the course. I managed to find someone for
wikinews who lived 2 blocks away from the bangkok protests!

They dropped that ball too, sadly. (And I'm very pro-wikinews in
general)

Wikinews' slowness was less of an issue a few years ago, (but
still somewhat present)  when we _nearly_ scooped the NSA domestic
wiretapping story. :-/

So the process is definitely something worth working on!

sincerely,
	Kim Bruning