[Foundation-l] Sue Gardener, Wikipedia's leading editor - wikileaks

Marcin Cieslak saper at saper.info
Tue Sep 6 08:49:18 UTC 2011

>> Jimmy Wales <jwales at wikia-inc.com> wrote:
> I was mentioned in a leaked US diplomatic cable - with my name spelled
> wrong!
>
> http://wikileaks.ch/cable/2008/11/08SANTIAGO1015.html

What about this:

Reference id: 09TELAVIV982
Origin: Embassy Tel Aviv
Time: Mon, 4 May 2009 10:30 UTC
Classification: UNCLASSIFIED

(...)

Ha'aretz reported that Sue Gardner, Wikipedia's leading editor, who
attended the Wikipedia Academy 2009 Conference in Israel this week,
refuted claims by leading Israeli Internet researchers that
WikipediaQs coverage of Israel-related issues is 'problematic.
Gardener said that the Web site merely reflected public discourse.
'I know that more or less the same mistakes [on Wikipedia] can be
found in The New York Times,' she was quoted as saying.

http://www.cablegatesearch.net/cable.php?id=09TELAVIV982

//Marcin