[Foundation-l] Personal Image Filter results announced

R M Harris rmharris at sympatico.ca
Mon Sep 5 20:16:52 UTC 2011

If I may bite back, the original outline of this filter, in a form not dissimilar to the one that lay at the heart of the referendum, was placed in  the Wikimedia public space more than a year ago, on the Meta page devoted to the Study on Controversial Content -- and put in that space clearly as a proposal, not as a fait accompli. Since then, a discussion on its merits and demerits has taken place in a number of forums-- with literally -- what-- a thousand, more than a thousand public comments added?

Does that not count as a fundamental discussion?

Robert Harris