[Foundation-l] A reminder about mission statements and vision statements.

Fred Bauder fredbaud at fairpoint.net
Mon Sep 5 18:39:30 UTC 2011

> However, I am beginning to think that Commons might have to change it's
> scope since "educational media" has evolved to encompass what everyone
> believes is every free image on earth.
>
> -Sarah

Not a problem if the global community wishes to support such a mission.

Frankly, I think all our projects are going to be severely limited, in
comparison to full archiving of all knowledge, images, and information.
That does not mean they are not going to be massive at full build out,
just tiny in comparison to "all".

I think realistically only about one person in a thousand is going to
pitch in with significant contributions. That remains an incredible
global cooperative effort.

Fred