[Foundation-l] Personal Image Filter results announced

geni geniice at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 18:22:47 UTC 2011

On 5 September 2011 18:09, Lodewijk <lodewijk at effeietsanders.org> wrote:
> there are however generic internet filters - foundations which serve as
> internet provider and filter out "unsafe" pages (usually with a religious
> foundation). These usually have problems though, because they are recognized
> as open proxy, and thus blocked. this is a popular service in parts of NL -
> and potentially keeps editors away because they have no on-site way of
> filtering. But maybe some think we shouldn't want those people as editors
> anyway... (yes, that last is sarcasm)

Don't even need to use those. Adblock plus can be used as an on
machine filter. For example the following filter will nicely take care
of all the giant isopod images on wikipedia

*Giant_isopod.jpg*
*Bathynomus_giganteus.jpg*
*Bathynomus_giganteus_NOAA.jpg*
*Front_View_Isopod_West_Sirius_Rig_GOM.JPG*
*Isopod_from_West_Sirius_Rig_GOM.JPG*
*Bathynomus doederleinii.jpg*
*Bathynomus doederleinii (dorsal).jpg*

geni