[Foundation-l] Personal Image Filter results announced

Kim Bruning kim at bruning.xs4all.nl
Sun Sep 4 22:58:49 UTC 2011

On Sun, Sep 04, 2011 at 11:59:05PM +0100, WereSpielChequers wrote:
> Hi Kim,
>
> For example you still use the word censorship when talking about the image
> filter, now to me censorship is about somebody deciding for someone else
> what they can or can't see or hear. As long as the image filter is about
> enabling me to make choices about what I see then I don't consider that as
> censorship, and I'm happy for others to also have that choice.

If you actually read what I write, you'll see that I don't actually use the
term censorship when refering to the image filter at all.

> > * There's nothing wrong with the filter program itself

Ok, so you actually literally just quoted me saying that.
I know you can do a lot better, I've seen it! :-) Please try!

> I would hope that the developers will now be told to try and write something
> that finesses as much as possible of the feedback.

I think we should definitely consult with the community a bit more, and
do so properly.

There are multiple fork-risks if the foundation pushes forward, rightly
or wrongly.

sincerely,
	Kim Bruning

--
[Non-pgp mail clients may show pgp-signature as attachment]
gpg (www.gnupg.org) Fingerprint for key  FEF9DD72