[Foundation-l] Personal Image Filter results announced

Marc A. Pelletier marc at uberbox.org
Sun Sep 4 23:08:13 UTC 2011

On 04/09/2011 4:28 PM, David Gerard wrote:
> Because they *demand* an Internet that acts as a one-way filter to
> their bubble, enhancing without contradicting!

Even if they did (which I believe to not even be true of readers at
large -- just of a tiny but loud minority), I don't see how we're
obligated to oblige.

In fact, I think we are morally bound to not only not provide for a
mechanism to do so, but to make it hard for someone else to do so.  Our
objective is to give free access to knowledge to all, not to provide
echo chambers where points of view and hear themselves in safety from
the world outside.

-- Coren / Marc