[Foundation-l] Tragedy: videos and slides from presentations Wikimanias (lately 2011 in Haifa)

phoebe ayers phoebe.wiki at gmail.com
Sat Sep 3 18:04:03 UTC 2011

On Sat, Sep 3, 2011 at 5:30 AM, Andrea Zanni <zanni.andrea84 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, it seems that every year we choose locations that for one reason or
> the other are likely not to be accessible to some groups or nationality (I
> hear complaints every year about these issues)(no judgements, just a fact).
> So I agree that this uploading issue should be faced once for all,
> setting up a workflow with WMF technicians that would allow videos and
> slides to be online in reasonable time.
>
> Aubrey

Yes!  if we can set up a system for media upload *before* the next
conference to try and address this issue, which does come up every
year, that would be fantastic.

Copying wikitech :) The problem: how and where should we annually
upload video and slides from ~100 conference presentations, keeping
them freely & easily accessible and the metadata (such as links to
papers, submission pages, wikipages of notes, etc) intact?

-- phoebe