[Foundation-l] Wikipedia ideology

Peter Damian peter.damian at btinternet.com
Mon Oct 24 11:58:32 UTC 2011

> What license(s) will the book be released under?
> MZMcBride

Very funny :)

I have just completed my book on Scotus, which will be submitted to
the Catholic University Assocation Press next week.  Assuming it gets
through their lengthy approval process,it will be published under
whatever license they use - I imagine the 'evil' one.

So to for the Wikipedia book, but it is early days to
approach a publisher.

If you ask why, I reply that no method has yet been devised
to give attribution to the author of a work in a way that advances
their career.  I will earn little or no money from either work, I
imagine.  Note that Andrew Lih's book, which I have ordered
from Waterstone's, is also under a standard copright license.
At least I assume - I paid good money for it, because it
was not available any other way.

However, I do publish material on my own website,
the Logic Museum.  I fund this myself, and the translation work
such as here

http://www.logicmuseum.com/wiki/Authors/Ockham/Summa_Logicae

is published under a 'free' license.
http://www.logicmuseum.com/wiki/The_Logic_Museum:Copyrights

I don't get any formal recognition for this.  I do it because I want this
material, which is very hard to get access to, even for subject matter
experts, to be freely available to everyone on the planet.

Edward