[Foundation-l] Community consensus for software changes (Re: Show community consensus for Wikilove)

David Levy lifeisunfair at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 19:57:55 UTC 2011

Erik Moeller wrote:

> It's easy for us to accidentally send mixed messages, though, as this
> thread has shown. Because so many things are done in response to
> community consensus, there may be an expectation that this is always
> the case, and that that's just how we work.

In this instance, the confusion arose not because of an underlying
expectation that community consensus will be sought, but because
Brandon Harris explicitly stated that it would be (and neglected to
mention that he was referring to wikis other than the English
Wikipedia).

This, of course, was an honest mistake (and quite a minor one).

David Levy