[Foundation-l] Ideas for newbie recruitment

Federico Leva (Nemo) nemowiki at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 17:09:39 UTC 2011

Robin McCain, 31/10/2011 17:20:
> We must also remember that the wiki edit interface and markup can be a
> little intimidating to a newbie, so opening an edit window and making no
> changes may be more common than we think. Are there any stats on this?

Yes, it was something like 70 % of "edit" clicks are not followed by
save. It's difficuilt to tell how many of those were people (or even
stupid bots) looking for the source text.
Erik Zachte gave this numbers somewhere; previously, some wikiHow
staffer at Wikimania did so (showing how they improved it).

Nemo