[Foundation-l] Show community consensus for Wikilove

Mateus Nobre mateus.nobre at live.co.uk
Sun Oct 30 18:08:24 UTC 2011

We shouldn't be taken by the spirit of wiki environment. Sometimes, at Village Pump, through great debats and violent discussions, I feel like a lawyer, defending my point of view. We're more a tribunal than a colaborative and friendly ambience. Blocks are the prisons, and we're lawyers defending our opinions, supports are the witnesses.

Wikipedia has become more and more in a bureaucratic project until a few people understand its operation today. We are one of those exceptions that have come to understand the endless pages of policies. Do not think everyone can easily understand how Wikipedia works. Totally not. It's too hard guys, not everybody has that patience. We're few.

I think we (the Wikipedia community in general) gradually become more and more wikipedian and less humans. We become increasingly bureacratic, rigorous, severe, formal and boring. Virtually robots. Wikilove is a step against this process.

We're not just talking about a tool, but a revolution in the way of communicative and collaborative Wikipedia. It is a way to make Wikipedia a family environment, not a court or an academy of letters. We need that. Wikipedia really needs that at all.
MateusNobre
MetalBrasil on Wikimedia projects
(+55) 85 88393509
              30440865