[Foundation-l] Show community consensus for Wikilove

Fae fae at wikimedia.org.uk
Sun Oct 30 11:48:12 UTC 2011

On 30 October 2011 10:22, Oliver Keyes <scire.facias at gmail.com> wrote:
> You seem to be missing my point - that the WL tool serves an ulterior
> function of allowing users who do not understand markup to communicate and
> request help in a way they can understand. I am saying that most of those
> with few or no edits will have problems understanding markup, which is why
> it's important, even without WL's core purpose, that the tool remain
> available to new editors.

Okay, my email and WSC's original email related to the primary
function as defined at <http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/WikiLove>.
Requests for help are probably better handled by something other than
a heart icon at the top of every user talk page. I would say that the
appropriately named Help link at the left of every page is more likely
to be used for this.

Cheers,
Fae