[Foundation-l] just wondering, are we going to take down en.wikipedia.org?

Tim Starling tstarling at wikimedia.org
Fri Oct 28 02:05:21 UTC 2011

On 28/10/11 01:43, emijrp wrote:
> Obvious sarcasm is obvious. But people think you are serious.
>
> I'm not sure who is more dangerous, stupid politicians speaking about
> closing sites or stupid wikipedians closing Wikipedia sites when politicians
> speak about closing sites.

About 90% of everything that comes out of Domas's mouth is sarcasm. So
if you don't know whether he's being sarcastic about something, you
can assume that he is and get it right 90% of the time.

Domas probably had the same reaction to the Italian Wikipedia protest
as I did. We both spend a lot of time making sure Wikipedia is always
up and available for people to read, so it's painful to see a small
proportion of a wiki's users decide to take a whole wiki offline for
everyone.

-- Tim Starling