[Foundation-l] Creative Commons fundraiser starts

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 10:17:20 UTC 2011

On 26 October 2011 08:31, Tom Morris <tom at tommorris.org> wrote:

> https://creativecommons.org/weblog/entry/29993
> Creative Commons, those nice people who make all this sharing stuff
> possible, are having their annual fundraiser.

I see they use testimonials too. We should probably offer one. I'd
guess we're the most popular substantially-CC site.

Does WMF have cash sufficient to make a worthwhile donation to them?
If so, that strikes me as something to consider. If I've read their
forms right, they took in about $1.5m in donations in 2010 - let's say
one order of magnitude smaller than us.

- d.