[Foundation-l] Public domain Mickey Mouse. At last.

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 16:48:41 UTC 2011

2011/10/24 Carl Fürstenberg <azatoth at gmail.com>:
> It's a difference deciding if uploads of babes with big boobs are
> stolen from the Internet at large or not, than to figure out if a line
> drawing from World War II is free or not.

Indeed. In legal terminology, the difference is between a matter of
fact and a matter of law. Anyone can determine the facts of a case
(eg. that the image that someone is claiming is their own work was
actually stolen from some website). We need legal experts to determine
matters of law. Nobody disputes the facts regarding the image of
Mickey Mouse, but we don't know the relevant law.