[Foundation-l] News from Germany: White Bags and thinking about a fork

Möller, Carsten c.moeller at wmco.de
Sun Oct 23 16:24:37 UTC 2011

> Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2011 12:58:03 -0700
> From: Erik Moeller <erik at wikimedia.org>
> Subject: Re: [Foundation-l]
>
> The vote in German Wikipedia, and most of the discussions to
> date, have focused on the specific ideas and mock-ups that
> were presented as part of the referendum.

Erik,

You are wrong. The vote in the German Wikipedia was against _any_ imagefilter.

The mockups are considered just as part of the general plan to keep the communities quiet and dilute the resistance into as much aspects as possible.

The other idea put forward was to run the fundraiser with slogans like: "Your money for imagefilters" or "We have to pay the Harris report" in the German wikipedia. As that is what the foundation wants to do with the money, nobody can argue against that.

Carsten