[Foundation-l] News from Germany: White Bags and thinking about a fork

Fae fae at wikimedia.org.uk
Sun Oct 23 12:05:31 UTC 2011

On 23 October 2011 12:38, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 23 October 2011 12:30, Fae <fae at wikimedia.org.uk> wrote:
>> PS "clear failure" looks like an opinion, not a statement of fact.
>> Presumably this relates to an official position of the WMF?
>
> An opinion held by several staff on the matter, including the
> Executive Director. I consider this significant, you may not.

David, your statement confirms that this was an opinion, and based on
your wording I have to assume that this was not an official position
of the WMF but the personal opinion of some of the staff.

As for significance, I made no claim either way in my email, for some
reason you seem to be reading my text negatively as if I was attacking
the WMF or Sue personally. I apologise if I have used some offensive
language or phrasing that gave you such a perception but I would like
to point out that I did not mention staff or individuals, only the
organization.

I think that the opinions of the Executive Director of the WMF should
be considered significant, so we are in agreement.

Cheers,
Fae