[Foundation-l] Wikipedia ideology

Peter Damian peter.damian at btinternet.com
Sun Oct 23 08:16:50 UTC 2011

Greetings,

I am writing a book on the history of Wikipedia and the Wikimedia movement, focusing on its 'history of ideas'.  Would any Wikipedians be prepared to be interviewed for this?  Obviously long-standing Wikipedians would be a focus but I am interested in anyone who is involved in the movement because of passionately held convictions or 'ideology'.

A general question: is there a Wikipedian ideology?  What is it?  In particular, how does the current ideology, if there is one, compare with the ideology which inspired its founding fathers. And mothers - many of the founding editors of Wikipedia were women, I don't know how many people know that.

Edward