[Foundation-l] category free image filtering

Tobias Oelgarte tobias.oelgarte at googlemail.com
Sun Oct 23 00:57:51 UTC 2011

Am 23.10.2011 01:49, schrieb WereSpielChequers:
> Hi Tobias,
>
> Do youhave any problems with this category free proposal
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:WereSpielChequers/filter
>
> WereSpelChequers
The idea isn't bad. But it is based on the premise that there are enough
users of the filter to build such correlations. It requires enough input
to work properly and therefore enough users of the feature, that have
longer lists. But how often does an average logged in user find such an
image and handle accordingly? That would be relatively seldom, resulting
in a very short own list, by relatively few users, which makes it hard
to start the system (warm up time).

Since i love to find ways on how to exploit systems there is one simple
thing on my mind. Just login to put a picture of penis/bondage/... on
the list and than add another one of the football team you don't like.
Repeat this step often enough and the system will believe that all users
that don't like to see a penis would also not like to see images of that
football team.

Another way would be: "I find everything offensive." This would hurt the
system, since correlations would be much harder to find.

If we assume good faith, then it would probably work. But as soon we
have spammers of this kind, it will lay in ruins, considering the amount
of users and corresponding relatively short lists (in average).

Just my thoughts on this idea.

Greetings
nya~

PS: Sorry for my miss-post. I answered someone else exactly this,
quoting the wrong text :P