[Foundation-l] News from Germany: White Bags and thinking about a fork

Tobias Oelgarte tobias.oelgarte at googlemail.com
Sat Oct 22 20:44:43 UTC 2011

Am 22.10.2011 22:21, schrieb Erik Moeller:
> On Sat, Oct 22, 2011 at 1:16 PM, David Gerard<dgerard at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> This would appear to indicate the opposition is to *any* personal
>> image filter per the Board resolution, and the category-based proposal
>> additionally as an example of such rather than as the main topic of
>> the vote. I think that says "should be scrapped" pretty blindingly
>> clearly.
> The literal translation of what was being voted on:
>
> "Persönliche Bildfilter (Filter, die illustrierende Dateien anhand von
> Kategorien der Wikipedia verbergen und vom Leser an- und abgeschaltet
> werden können, vgl. den vorläufigen [[Entwurf]] der Wikimedia
> Foundation) sollen entgegen dem Beschluss des Kuratoriums der
> Wikimedia Foundation in der deutschsprachigen Wikipedia nicht
> eingeführt werden und es sollen auch keine Filterkategorien für auf
> dieser Wikipedia lokal gespeicherte Dateien angelegt werden."
>
> "Personal image filters (filters, which hide illustrating files based
> on categories and which can be turned on and off by the reader, see
> the preliminary [[draft]] by the Wikimedia Foundation) should,
> contrary to the Board's decision, not be introduced in the German
> Wikipedia, and no filter categories should be created for locally
> uploaded content."
>
> The [[draft]] link pointed to
> http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Personal_image_filter
>
> So it was pretty closely tied to the mock-ups, just like the "referendum" was.
>
> Erik
It is strongly worded against any filtering based on categories. The
referendum proposals where only mentioned as an example, since it
illustrated an example. Please refrain from weakening the point the poll
made. Otherwise we will have to set up another poll with very strong
wording like: "Es soll verboten werden Inhalte jeglicher Art in
irgendeiner Weise zu Filtern, wenn dabei nicht alle Inhalte gleich
behandelt werden."

"It shall be forbidden to filter content of any kind by any method, if
it does not treat every content as equal."

nya~