[Foundation-l] moderation soft limit

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen cimonavaro at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 02:45:32 UTC 2011

On Fri, Oct 21, 2011 at 5:37 AM, Kirill Lokshin
<kirill.lokshin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 10:34 PM, John Vandenberg <jayvdb at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Oct 21, 2011 at 1:27 PM, Jon Davis <wiki at konsoletek.com> wrote:
>> > IIRC, They said that the "soft limit" would simply mean that they'd make
>> > sure any post beyond 30 were at least somewhat useful. The impression I
>> got
>> > was that if you wanted to send 100 at least semi-constructive emails,
>> you'd
>> > get through. If you want to flame and flame and flame ... you'd get cut
>> at
>> > 30.
>>
>> The mods should be put voluminous posters on moderation.
>> If the moderators want to approve the extra 70 emails, that's their
>> decision.
>>
>> http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/foundation-l/2009-November/056032.html
>>
>> "Second, we're adding a "soft post limit" that, for the time being, will
>> kick
>> in at 30 posts per month.  At that point, we will, at our discretion, place
>> members on moderation for the remainder of the month, and will approve
>> posts
>> only where we feel they are useful and add significantly to the
>> discussion."
>

> "...  at our discretion..."

This is very very meta. But in my own defence, I haven't posted
anything for over a year. Mourning my dearly departed mother. I have
said before that monthly limits are prejudicial against those that
rarely post, but do post when the expletive hits the fan; and do so
with the full force of conviction they are expressing the views of the
community. Nuff said. Go ahead and moderate this, if you like.