[Foundation-l] Is random article truly random

Theo10011 de10011 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 23:39:07 UTC 2011

On Fri, Oct 21, 2011 at 4:45 AM, Andreas K. <jayen466 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sounds good. I was going by last year's United Nations University survey,
>

> http://www.wikipediasurvey.org/docs/Wikipedia_Overview_15March2010-FINAL.pdf
>
> which is older, but had a much larger sample size (176,000 vs. 5,300,
> comprising both readers and editors).
>
> Andreas

I was under the assumption we were talking about English Wikipedia. The
largest respondents in the survey you linked to are Russian, with a very
good mix of other languages and nationalities.

Just to clarify, 'we' would then include all languages and projects, readers
and editors. And your comment about Wikipedia growing up would apply to all
communities?

Regards
Theo