[Foundation-l] Is random article truly random

Bjoern Hoehrmann derhoermi at gmx.net
Thu Oct 20 21:18:02 UTC 2011

* Andreas K. wrote:
>I wasn't actually saying that à propos the image filter, more in relation to
>the general point about editorial judgment.
>
>Cultures differ, and like attracts like. You know our demographics. They're
>still far from ideal.
>
>* Half of our editors are 21 or younger.
>
>* Only a quarter are 30 or older, yet this is the demographic with the most
>expertise.

Per http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Editor_Survey_2011/Profiles you seem
to be quite mistaken, only 27% are 21 or younger, and 47% are 30+. With
various statistical caveats that I haven't researched, and this is "us"
as in editors, I am not aware of a representative study of readers, and
they would count as editors when they get involved in editorial matters.