[Foundation-l] Letter to the community on Controversial Content

Philippe Beaudette philippe at wikimedia.org
Wed Oct 19 21:19:25 UTC 2011

On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 5:07 AM, Tobias Oelgarte <
tobias.oelgarte at googlemail.com> wrote:

> I ask Sue and Philippe again: WHERE ARE THE PROMISED RESULTS - BY PROJECT?!

First, there's a bit of a framing difference here.  We did not initially
promise results by project.  Even now, I've never promised that. What I've
said is that we would attempt to do so.  But it's not solely in the WMF's
purview - the election had a team of folks in charge of it who came from the
community and it's not the WMF's role to dictate to them how to do their
job.

I (finally) have the full results parsed in such a way as to make it *
potentially* possible to release them for discussion by project.  However,
I'm still waiting for the committee to approve that release.  I'll re-ping
on that, because, frankly, it's been a week or so.  That will be my next
email. :)

pb

Philippe Beaudette
Head of Reader Relations