[Foundation-l] Is random article truly random

WereSpielChequers werespielchequers at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 13:55:30 UTC 2011

> Sorry to take a tangential point from Tom's email, but is the random
> article tool truly random or does it direct to only stable articles or
> some other sub-set of article space?
>
> Thanks
> Fae

Hi Fae,  I don't know about other projects, but on EN wki random article
means just that. There have been a number of proposals to skew things and
filter certain things out, but these have foundered on the twin concerns
that including everything in Random articles best serves those who want to
intersperse some random reading with things that they can easily improve,
and that it would be dishonest to tell someone that these were random
articles when actually we'd filtered out stubs or the unreferenced.

There may well be demand for "random Good Article" as an additional option,
but that would be an extra not something we could describe as random
article.

WereSpielChequers