[Foundation-l] editor survey report

Mani Pande mpande at wikimedia.org
Tue Oct 18 02:10:54 UTC 2011

Hi Beria,
My apologies for taking so long to answer the question. I was not hiding or
avoiding your question. I missed your question till Phillipe pointed it out
to me last week since for some reason your initial email and subsequent
emails on the topic landed in my junk folder.

We asked the question about chapters from everyone, irrespective of their
response to the question about the presence of chapter in their country of
residence. We were limited by the abilities of Lime Survey -- the open
source software -- that we used for survey to filter questions based on
previous answers. But we made the questions non-mandatory so people didn't
have to answer it if they felt that did not have enough information to
answer it.

The topline and questionnaire from the survey is posted on meta if you are
interested.  http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Editor_Survey_2011/Appendix
We have also made the raw data available in case you or someone else is
interested in delving deeper into this topic.

If you have any questions in the future, please, don't hesitate to write
directly to me at mpande at wikimedia.org as I check my email rather
frequently. :)

Thanks
Mani