[Foundation-l] Fundraising Community Appeal

Megan Hernandez mhernandez at wikimedia.org
Fri Oct 14 05:45:09 UTC 2011

Thanks for the suggestion.  Yes, there are people who work on social media
year round (not just for the fundraiser).  During this year's fundraiser, we
will be putting out more messages across social media sites and actively
participate in the conversation that's taking place there.

During our weekly tests, there are a whole host of tweets and messages from
readers about our banners and messages.  Some are really hilarious,
actually.  I'll make sure to post some in the next update.

Megan

On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 2:05 AM, Bod Notbod <bodnotbod at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 4:10 PM, Ivay Martínez <galaver at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > It's a great idea, I will ask to WM-MX guys to participate.
> > And I support the idea of MZM, we need to do most in social media. I
> don't
> > know if we have a strategy for content in FB, Twitter, Identi.ca, etc.
>
> I know that Twitter was used in the last fundraiser but can't remember
> any detail other than that a few users (that had identified themselves
> to the Foundation) all had access to it and were able to send tweets.
>
> Bodnotbod

Megan Hernandez

Head of Annual Fundraiser
Wikimedia Foundation