[Foundation-l] Blackout at Italian Wikipedia

Federico Leva (Nemo) nemowiki at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 05:09:11 UTC 2011

Nickanc Wikipedia, 12/10/2011 14:21:
> Yes, there are these groups, but in most wikipedias they have few
> persons inside it and they have almost no policy;

That's because few people need it.
In it wiki basta una riga in [[WP:RA]], secondo me.

> moreover if you look
> for global ipblock exempt you may found that they are still vulnerable
> to IP and IP range blocks made locally on individual wikis
> (http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Global_blocks_and_bans#Global_IP_block_exemption
> ). so, for example, how could a chinese write on it.wiki? or, if
> Berlusconi's law will get approved, how could italians write freely on
> all wikis, if in fact there is no global ipblock exempt?

Only very few users seriously edit on multiple wikis and for interwikis
or such very minor edits they could use a sockpuppet, in your
hypothetical example. The global-ipblock-exempt includes global
torunblocked permission, anyway.

Nemo