[Foundation-l] Letter to the community on Controversial Content

Risker risker.wp at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 01:41:11 UTC 2011

On 10 October 2011 21:26, John Vandenberg <jayvdb at gmail.com> wrote:

> Risker,
>
> The net nanny software could have been doing a keyword filter on the
> word "Sex", which would reject every page and image in
> [[Category:Sexual positions]] because it contains the word "sex".
> That is not a category based filter.  If you believe it was a category
> based filter, I would definitely like to know the name of the software
> in order to verify your assertion.

I don't have the funniest notion what the software is; these are systems on
which I have no control and no rights above first level user, and they are
not open systems.

It may be that they are using keywords, but many obvious keywords are
legitimately used as category names on our projects. Therefore, it makes no
difference whether they're using keywords that match our categories, or the
categories themselves: the effect is exactly the same.

Risker