[Foundation-l] Letter to the community on Controversial Content

Kim Bruning kim at bruning.xs4all.nl
Tue Oct 11 00:03:38 UTC 2011

On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 08:49:13PM -0400, Risker wrote:
> No, I can't arrange a demonstration, Kim. I do not have net nannies on any
> system that I control.  The systems on which I have encountered them are not
> publicly accessible. They have prevented access to all articles I tested
> within a given category on English Wikipedia and all images within a given
> category that I tested on Commons.

That sounds like it works on the basis of keywords, perhaps.

How thoroughly have you tested it, when did you do this test?

Can we check?

Can it block those images from the given category on commons, if
viewed on the actual pages they are used for on wikipedia?

And will it also block images from the subcategory - if used on wikipedia?

I might investigate or even buy this software (if not exceptionally
expensive) and test it extensively if this is the case.

sincerely,
	Kim Bruning