[Foundation-l] Letter to the community on Controversial Content

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen cimonavaro at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 20:47:55 UTC 2011

On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 2:35 PM, David Levy <lifeisunfair at gmail.com> wrote:
> Jussi-Ville Heiskanen wrote:
>
>> Given comments like this, it seems the contingent in support of filters
>> is utterly and completely delusional. That proposal mitigates none of
>> the valid objections to enabling other forces from just taking what we
>> would be foolish enough to supply, and abusing the system to all its
>> delight. Please come up with something more realistic.
>
> Please elaborate (ideally without hurling insults).

Gladly. If you sense a little frustration on my part, it is purely
because most of us have been round this track more than a
few times... Any (and I stress *any*) tagging system is very
nicely vulnerable to being hijacked by downstream users. So
from a perspective of not helping censorship by own actions,
it is a strict no-go. I am being succint and to the point here.
The fact that some people have been offered this quite clear
explanation, and still keep acting as if they had not even
heard it... without hurling any insults, their behaviour does
make some of us frustrated.