[Foundation-l] Fundraising Community Appeal

MZMcBride z at mzmcbride.com
Mon Oct 10 14:44:33 UTC 2011

Megan Hernandez wrote:
> The fundraising team has been testing new messages over the past couple of
> months and we're happy to report we've found some new voices that will allow
> us to move away from our dependence on Jimmy to appeal to readers for
> donations. This year we want the fundraiser to rely as much as possible on
> voices of many different members of our community.

Hi.

Are there any plans to broadcast this a bit more widely, particularly to
readers? I think using social media (the "wikimedia" microblogging account,
Facebook pages, etc.) to get banners or banner ideas from outside the
Wikimedia (editing) community would be great. There are a lot of creative
people who love Wikimedia projects. A few tweets or status updates calling
for banner submissions might go a long way... assuming people can figure out
Meta-Wiki.

MZMcBride