[Foundation-l] Letter to the community on Controversial Content

Béria Lima berialima at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 12:06:49 UTC 2011

Julius, I do understand your feelings (believe me: I do) but screaming and
offend the board (Like call them "highly confused and amateur") will not
help you in your cause.

I do understand your anger against the board and their decision (even
because your wiki decided to NOT have the filter.) but I think is better to
try solve that with discussion first, and after - as a last change - you can
start a war if you want.

Please note that the board didn't said yet (and I hope they never say) that
they will placed any filter in all wikis. I do agree that a statement saying
they will not impose the filter in wikis who voted against (fr and de so
far) would be better, but lest work with what we have now.
_____
*Béria Lima*
<http://wikimedia.pt/>(351) 925 171 484

*Imagine um mundo onde é dada a qualquer pessoa a possibilidade de ter livre
acesso ao somatório de todo o conhecimento humano. É isso o que estamos a
fazer <http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Nossos_projetos>.*