[Foundation-l] Letter to the community on Controversial Content

Ting Chen wing.philopp at gmx.de
Mon Oct 10 11:24:34 UTC 2011

Hello Fae,

thank you very much for pointing this out. Yes, I think you indeed hit
the nail. We discussed this problem on our meeting and Sue provided some
plans on how to work on this problem. I am normally reluctant to comment
what the staff is doing or what they are planning to do, because this
often can be seen as an intervening of the staff activity. But I think
it is ok for me to spoil this a bit now: So Sue suggests a two step
approach. In the first step we will only collect reader reactions on
images, to see if there is a problem at all, how big is the problem, and
where are the problems. And on a second step, when we have those data
and can work out an understanding of it, then we can go on to work out
dedicated solutions for the problems, as I said in my letter, together
with the community.

Greetings
Ting