[Foundation-l] Letter to the community on Controversial Content

Hubert hubert.laska at gmx.at
Mon Oct 10 11:00:22 UTC 2011

Am 09.10.2011 16:56, schrieb Thomas Dalton:
> On 9 October 2011 15:12, Ting Chen <wing.philopp at gmx.de> wrote:
>> the text of the May resolution to this question is "... and that the
>> feature be visible, clear and usable on all Wikimedia projects for both
>> logged-in and logged-out readers", and on the current board meeting we
>> decided to not ammend the original resolution.
>
> So you do intend to force this on projects that don't want it? Do you
> really think that's going to work? If the WMF picks a fight with the
> community on something the community feel very strongly about (which
> this certainly seems to be), the WMF will lose horribly and the
> fall-out for the whole movement will be very bad indeed.

hi Thomas, I would say, it is a perfect example of one of the Parkinsons
law. They did´nt diskuss how it may work and how many man-hour it will
need to achieve the escape of maybe hundreds of today hard working editors.

And how much money it will really need. Because, implementing this
software is just a fractional amount of overall costs.

“The time spent on any item of the agenda will be in inverse proportion
to the sum involved.”

Because the wars in Commons, which Categories at least will fit
violence, will be unmanageable.

I don´t want to confront myself with fundamental christian groups in
categorising cruzification and holy cross as to become a to be hidden
category because of atrocious violence or not.

Hubertl.