[Foundation-l] Letter to the community on Controversial Content

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen cimonavaro at gmail.com
Sun Oct 9 22:31:51 UTC 2011

On Sun, Oct 9, 2011 at 10:12 PM, Bob the Wikipedian
<bobthewikipedian at gmail.com> wrote:
> Since no one has explicitly come out and said exactly what the issue is
> here, I'll ask:
>
> *What exactly is harmful about an opt-in filter? *If it's opt-in, then
> you have the choice to not even enable it if you so choose. You don't
> have to use it; it'd just be an option in the preferences page or maybe
> even a link on the margin similar to the WikiBooks link I never use. Can
> another option or link you never click really hurt the world, or even an
> individual for that matter?
>
> Also, *an idea for how this could be implemented*:

 The big one is that just isn't one and all the people on the board
and the executives are trying their hardest at trying their best at
proposing to the community that they are acting in good faith, while
being *viciously* in Bad Faith wrt to the community. Back off and lick
your wounds would be a nice option. There are worse ones.