[Foundation-l] Letter to the community on Controversial Content

Ting Chen wing.philopp at gmx.de
Sun Oct 9 14:12:03 UTC 2011

Hello Tobias,

the text of the May resolution to this question is "... and that the
feature be visible, clear and usable on all Wikimedia projects for both
logged-in and logged-out readers", and on the current board meeting we
decided to not ammend the original resolution.

Greetings
Ting

Am 09.10.2011 15:43, schrieb church.of.emacs.ml:
> Hi Ting,
>
> one simple question: Is the Wikimedia Foundation going to enable the
> image filter on _all_ projects, disregarding consensus by local
> communities of rejecting the image filter? (E.g. German Wikipedia)
>
> We are currently in a very unpleasant situation of uncertainty. Tensions
> in the community are extremely high (too high, if you ask me, but
> Wikimedians are emotional people), speculations and rumors about what
> WMF is going to do prevail.
> A clear statement would help our discussion process.
>
> Regards,
> Tobias / User:Church of emacs

Ting

Ting's Blog: http://wingphilopp.blogspot.com/