[Foundation-l] [Wikimedia Announcements] Language committee report - September 2011
robinp.1273 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 2 22:46:00 UTC 2011
See the wiki version here:
This is the language committee report for September 2011.
=== Committee ===
* There will be a Hackathon in Mumbai, India (19-20 November) which
focuses partially on language support. Several members will
participate. More info:
=== Approvals ===
* The Oriya Wiktionary (wt/or) has been re-opened. It is the first
time that a closed wiki is unlocked. Though the requirements were not
met, it was approved because there will be a workshop in Bhubaneswar,
India where the Oriya projects will be promoted and because re-opening
a wiki is easy.
* The Northern Sotho Wikipedia (wp/nso) has been approved, but waiting
for creation (bug 30882).
* The Lezgi Wikipedia (wp/lez) and Tachelhit Wikipedia (wp/shi) can be
approved if someone who can verify the content is found.
=== Related ===
* The language code "als" (assigned to Tosk Albanian) is misused by
Alemannic [gsw]. The als.wikipedia.org should be moved (see bug
23215), but User:Terfili submitted an ISO 639-3 change request to
create an Alemannic macrolanguage "aeg" including the current code
"gsw". If that passes, the wiki would likely be moved to
aeg.wikipedia.org. Change request:
Please note: all replies sent to this mailing list will be immediately directed to Foundation-L, the public mailing list about the Wikimedia Foundation and its projects. For more information about Foundation-L:
WikimediaAnnounce-l mailing list
WikimediaAnnounce-l op lists.wikimedia.org
More information about the foundation-l