[Foundation-l] Blackout at Italian Wikipedia

User:Matthewrbowker matthewrbowker.wiki at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 14:36:08 UTC 2011

Of all the ways to protest the law, I think it.wp chose the most noticeable way.  If something like a sitenotice were implemented, many people would just scroll past it.  Even if not, they would only read it a couple times, because people access Wikipedia for the content.  OTOH, just locking
Editing privileges would only impact the people who are already aware of the proposed law.  The protest would have no impact on the readership.

Just my two cents

Matthew Bowker
http://enwp.org/User:Matthewrbowker
Sent from my iPod