[Foundation-l] WMF blog post on Italian Wikipedia

M. Williamson node.ue at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 08:38:13 UTC 2011

Jalo, it's all about perception: perceived effects and perceived
consequences. People's reactions are based on their perceptions and
judgements, since we're not robots. So if a group of people perceives it to
be equally bad, they may take an equal action, regardless of whether or not
you agree with their action. Acehnese Wikipedians decided to leave Wikimedia
altogether over an issue they clearly felt to be comparable, regardless of
what you or I may think of it.