[Foundation-l] Image filter brainstorming: Personal filter lists

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen cimonavaro at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 05:18:25 UTC 2011

On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 1:51 AM, Tobias Oelgarte
<tobias.oelgarte at googlemail.com> wrote:

> That is more or less a search and time issue. If you search for a
> cucumber and a sexual related image ranks first instead of an actual
> cucumber then it would be time to improve the search function. If we
> have not enough people categorizing images the right way, we might start
> to recruit more helpers.

Equally it is mildly amusing to get a picture of an actual gherkin, if one
uses the search term "London Gherkin". The age old answer to this
problem is to scroll down the search results. We didn't like it when
google was prejudicially priviledging other results above ones from
wikipedia (a practise they no longer adhere to). I don't see much of
a difference here.