[Foundation-l] Article Feedback Tool office hours - 2nd December, 19:00 UTC

Oliver Keyes okeyes at wikimedia.org
Tue Nov 29 19:50:58 UTC 2011

It'd be good! I'm not sure what the usefulness would be, though. So, the
two aims behind the AFT:

   - To prompt greater feedback from readers on the quality of content;
   - To try (through the calls to action, which have actually been pretty
   successful) to prompt readers to edit.

I'm not sure how applicable these would be to Commons. I mean, how many
"readers" per se does the project get? The interface doesn't really lend
itself to browsing. It'd also be awkward trying to work out what they could
actually do, or what the feedback would be useful for; with traditional
wikis, if people go "this article sucks" we can fix it. If people go "this
image sucks" we can't necessarily take a new one, or tweak the old one to
make it better.

Still, it's an interesting idea. I do like the possibility of maybe having
a rating box that prompts readers "do you have an image of this? If so, why
not upload it?" or whatever if they provide a sucky rating for a photo.
I'll drop the devs a note and see what their plans are in this field :).