[Foundation-l] Image filter brainstorming: Personal filter lists

Andre Engels andreengels at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 14:10:25 UTC 2011

On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 3:01 PM, Tobias Oelgarte
<tobias.oelgarte at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Do you remember your last mail in which you said that my viewpoints are
> extreme? I was writing that considering anything controversial or not
> are the only neutral positions to take. You opposed it strongly. Now you
> start your claim with the preposition that we will eventually find
> categories in a way that anything could be seen as controversial? Thats
> a 180° turn from one mail to the other. Just to find new arguments?

I don't say we _will_, I say we _might_. But if you like to have the
180 degree turn, then I will happily agree that any image might be
controversial. That still does not convince me that the only 'neutral'
ways of blocking are blocking nothing or blocking everything. Perhaps
any image is objected to by someone. That does not mean that anyone
who objects to some image should have every image taken away from
them.

André Engels, andreengels at gmail.com