[Foundation-l] Image filter brainstorming: Personal filter lists

Andre Engels andreengels at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 13:40:15 UTC 2011

On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 1:03 PM, Tobias Oelgarte
<tobias.oelgarte at googlemail.com> wrote:

> The problem starts at the point where the user does not choose the
> image(s) for himself and uses a predefined set on what should no be
> shown. Someone will have to create this sets and this will be
> unavoidably a violation of NPOV in the first place.

No, why would it? What does it say if someone created such a set?
"These are pictures of such-and-so, and there might be people who do
not want to see pictures of such-and-so." I don't see the NPOV here.
Nobody is saying "These pictures should not be seen". They are saying,
"some people would not like to see these pictures". That's not POV.

André Engels, andreengels at gmail.com