[Foundation-l] Wikimedia Poland to start a travelling POTY pictures exhibition in Warsaw (an announcement)

Tomasz Kozłowski odder.wiki at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 16:55:43 UTC 2011

David & Liam -- thank you for your comments and good words, it's
appreciated!

The idea of QRpedia codes has been suggested to us just a couple of days
ago by a Wikimedian who will be co-organising the exhibition in Bytom
(in the south of Poland) in January and I unfortunately forgot about it,
thanks for reminding me :)

As the photos have already reached Warsaw, I can't add any stickers to
them myself, but I'll try to sort it out with the library, if possible.
And I particularly like the idea about the 'interviews' with the
authors, it sounds really cool! :-)

As for the images of the exhibition, for now we only have
<http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Picture_of_the_Year_exhibition_-_Pozna%C5%84_2011>
released under a free licence (there's more unfree photos taken by
various media photographers, links available off-list); hopefully, there
will be more coming to the Commons as there are of course some
Wikimedians from Warsaw going to visit the exhibition.

Regards,
--
Tomasz Kozłowski | [[user:odder]]